Monday, August 09, 2010

A Christmas Monday

I love challenges with sketches and LOTV challenge is no exception there's a fab sketch from Bev and this cute babe from LOTV works brilliantly with it.
I've used My Minds Eye Colourful Christmas don't worry I've loads of this paper since I found a whole pack last week while sorting out what to take to my Sisters.
What did we do before Martha Stewart punches, I've used the doily one for round my oval as well as a border and of course the fabby snowflakes are Martha Stewart too, it needs a sentiment but not sure where and it possible that it will need to be personalised on a PC so another good reason not to use one.
So here's a couple of flat cards I made they're so boring I'm almost embarrassed to pop them on my blog.
This is using a Darcie stamp set from Simon Says Stamps its a fab set wanted to use the snowman but it wasn't going to be a flat card if I made it. I've had to do flat bows too they so fiddly but go through the ordinary post slot. Martha Stewart snowflake and the I punched the centres and embossed them.

This is one large stamp from Inkadinkdo again I brought it from Simon Says Stamps and used Rocket Red Brilliance pad, once dried I went over a few of the words with a gold pen, one of those flat bows job done.

Now for something not boring the new Simon Says Stamp and Show has their first challenge today and it's an easy one to start with, well if you like vintage and distressing its easy "Wings".
Heidi from Simon Says Stamps is extremely generous and sent her DT on the Simon Says Stamps Challenge some vintage goodies so we could join in the challenges, personally I think she is trying to convert me with kindness!!!!!!

34 comments:

Renkata said...

Debby I love your christmas cards. They are so cute and elegant.

Shelly said...

Hello again Debby! Gorgeous Christmas cards... I love the colourful one! Hugs Shelly ;)

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Debby,
These are beautiful cards. Such different styles but all gorgeous.
Hugs,
Fiona x

jannes hobbykrok said...

Good to know I`m not the only one who has started on my christmascards! Love the cards you have made,supercute!
Love,Janne

Stamps and Paper said...

Great christmas cards Debby and I agree with you about the MS punches.

Anne

stampingmarianne said...

Love your cards! It seems that all the images pop out of the card, is that because of your coloring tecnique or do you emboss them?

Love the fur on the head and jacket of the little cute little girl.

Marianne

Willy's creations said...

Beautiful cards you made!

Hugs,Willy

Fern said...

The LOTV card is gorgeous!! I just love the colours and the fur you've added! :)

Fern xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

3 fab Christmas cards. Love the first one, so bright and that image is so cute of course. I agree about MS punches, we use them so much. I live the simplicity of that last card, what a great stamp. Marianne x

Lynsey said...

All these cards are brilliant Debby, I love how you use the doily punch to make a border round your oval. Take care! Lyns xx

Hannapanna said...

Wow, you've been busy. :) Beautiful cards. Gorgeous colours and the image on the first card is super sweet. Hugs Hanna

Tasha said...

Wow all three of these are wonderful! Lovely colour combos and layouts. Love the cuteness and depth of the first card
love tasha xx

Dena said...

Your LOTV is precious! Such pretty papers!!!
Hugs,Dena

Wishcraft said...

Such fab cards, love the bright colours and fur trim on the first card :o) Lisa x

Lia said...

wonderful christmas cards you made debbie I lvoe them all
hugs Lia

Pop's Cards said...

These are all gorgeous sweetie, (your cards are never boring) love the way the little image pops of the page, thanks for joining us at LOTV this week big hugs Pops x x x

Andrea said...

wow, what a beautiful cards, love the card with the christmasimage the most
how did you make the fluffy things around here sleves and hat
hugs andrea

chris said...

Blimey Debby you have been going for it, all so special. huugs chris xx

Archies Mum said...

Love your LOTV card, how cute is that image, and just love the colour of the papers you've chosen. Your flat cards are lovely too x

Karen said...

Stunning cards Debby !

Love Karen x

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards Debby,I love the images.
So gorgeous papers and the colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

scrapn_momof2 said...

All three of your Christmas cards are just adorable. My favorite one is the first one. The colors and image are adorable.

Little K Smith said...

Hi Debby
Beautiful crimbo cards, all of them so different too. Love how you've framed the adorable LOTV image, what did we do before Martha Stewart punches? :)
Kelly.x

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

you've been busy, all fab, just ordered the little child stamp, so cute. janex

Denise said...

Love all three of your cards but especially the LOTV design. Cute!!

Hugs
Denise xx

CraftyC said...

Your cards are beautiful Debby. I love the colours on the LOTV stamp. Thanks for playing along this week in the LOTV Challenge!
Clairexx

Grenouille Greetings said...

Well I love all five of your recent cards, Debby! Even the flat ones! Lovely! Warmest wishes, Lesley

Beth aka BR-T said...

Oh what a wonderful trio of cards I love the colors and sweet image of the first card! Beth

Safo said...

Первая открытка покорила своей красотой и детским настроением!

MarieL said...

What a cute LOTV image and a typical gorgeous Debby card. I love your "plain" cards too, they are both very elegant.

Susie said...

I LOVE that LOTV image - so cute!! And he looks fab with the MME papers. The flat cards are pretty nice too, I think. Susie x

mckinkle said...

Super christmas cards, they are just beautiful!

Keryn x

XxJULESxX said...

love the cards Debby! all gorgeous as usual!!!

Annie said...

3 very different styles of cards Debby, all beautiful in their own way.
hugs, annie x