Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Cheeky Monkey Gift Card

wed-newchallenge-header

Hi all and welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Thank you for joining us for the Anything Goes Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.
We will be back soon with the name of the lucky winner of the $50 Voucher
This week the challenge is

Gift It 

make a gift card/bag/box, or a gift for someone special.
This week we are showcasing Clearly Besotted Products.  You don't have to use them for the challenge but if you have them we would love to see them used.
As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store
50dollar_voucher_600px


Making a gift card is not something I do often and having brought the Clearly Besotted Cheeky Monkey stamp set for this challenge I had to work out how to use them for this challenge.

In the end I decided my cheeky monkey should hold the gift card and since they are hanging they would need a tree to hang from. I used the Memory Box Birch Tree and their Woodland Branch dies. I then had to work out what to use to stop my gift card falling out of the monkey's arms and thats where the My Favourite Things Grassy Fields die came in. I stuck the three strip together and then use a thin bit of tape ad the bottom leave a bit of a pocket for the gift card.

The patterned paper is Echo Park I Love Family  and I used one the Simon Says Stamp Stitched Ovals to help bring your eye to the centre. I only put glue under the monkey bottoms so that the gift card can slide into place whilst doing this I got glue on the white oval so I used the Simon Says Stamp Mini Flowers die which had little leaves just right to hide a little mess.


STAMPtember-638x300-600x282


So now it's YOUR turn.  Happy Crafting
Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too !
There are fabulous Give Aways and inspiration from fabulous designers on a daily basis over on the Simon Says Stamp Blog , if you haven't subscribed by email you may want to so you don't miss out
Simon Says Stamp
You have until Wed  8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in

10 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Debby this is gorgeous I love it and it is such a good idea. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Pat said...

The Cheeky Monkeys are such fun and look great used here Debby and the way they are dangling from the tree branch holding the Gift Card works really well. I love the grass which makes a useful space behing which to tuck it, and the oblique stripe is very pretty too. A beautiful card. x

Chrissy said...

Adorable Debby and such a clever idea..

luv CHRISSYxx

Lorraine said...

A brilliant design for a gift card, those little monkeys look so cute.
Lorraine x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

So cute and a great idea

Stephanie said...

What an adorable design, Debby! Those cute little monkey's look like they won't want to give up the gift card! ;)


*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Unknown said...

Very adorable gift card Debby ! I loved reading how you managed to make this card ! Even up to the little leaves to hide the mess, they just look perfect where they are ! You're a genius ! Thanks for sharing.
Izzy Scrap

Carol S. said...

Brilliant gift card and love the cheeky monkeys. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Liz said...

What a fabulous gift card! I love the design and the cheeky monkeys are so cute. xx

Sandra H said...

This is so beautiful as always your creations are stunning and well thought out xx