Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Animal Magic

wed-newchallenge-header

Hello, all! Welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!
Thank you for joining us for the Father's Day/For A Guy Challenge! We loved seeing your fun and innovative designs this week! Please join us this week for our brand new challenge!
We will be back soon with the name of the lucky winner of the $50 Voucher.
This week the challenge is...

ANIMAL MAGIC

We are looking to the animal kingdom for inspiration for our 'Animal Magic' projects! From butterflies to buffalos, kittens to kingfishers, we will be looking forward to see which animal you choose for your project!
Many of us have fur babies that are very much a part of our family and we would love to know what little critters live with you! Maybe you could add photo's of them on your post too!
We are showcasing Paper Smooches Products this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some we would love to see them used.
As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store.
50dollar_voucher_600px


I already had the Chubby Chums but I needed the Chubby Chum Pals I simple loved the sentiment so I had to use the crab but is he an animal maybe I've stretched the challenge a bit. I also decided I would use the Splitcoast Stampers  Card Sketch 596.

I had already recently brought from Simon Says Stamps the Doodlebug Anchors Aweigh no worries there. The sketch called for a shaker box but I if I had planned that I would have brought Simon Says Stamp Sunshine Mix sequins which would have given the shaker more interest. Instead I used the Mixed Baby Cup Sequins which is out of stock needless to say my basket is full of sequins while I wait for new release.

Back to the card less waffling using the Simon Says Stamps Stitched Squares I made my shaker box and using the Lawn Fawn Stitched Scallop Border I made the red borders.

My crab was layered and I saved one image uncoloured so I had one to cut the eyes out I would have used goggle eyes but they're in a safe place! The sketch called for something either side of my crab so I made two life savers from the Simon Says Stamp Sailing stamp set as you can see I didn't like it so I added one of them in corner. I finished the card with some twine from Doodlebug Lipstick and Bubble Blue.

So now it's YOUR turn.  Happy Crafting
Instagram
Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #ssswchallenge 

There are fabulous Give Aways and inspiration from fabulous designers on a daily basis over on the Simon Says Stamp Blog , if you haven't subscribed by email you may want to so you don't miss out


Simon Says Stamp 

19 comments:

Monique said...

What a lovely card Debby !!

Hugs Monique

Claire Grantham said...

I love this card so much Debby, I just had to go and buy the set, my craft buddy and I are Crab obsessed... Cx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Debby, I love shakers and this little crab is adorable (and yes he is an animal ;-)) the whole design is fabulous :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Mischelle said...

I LOVE this card! Everything ... your color palette, layout, stamps ... I LOVE it all!

Pat said...

I adore this cute crab Debby and the papers and the shaker together with that lovely lifesaver and the pretty scallops make this really fun and great for a late card. x

D K Crafts said...

This is a really great card, love the style and the sentiment made me laugh. Donna

Juls said...

Tee hee ... Love it xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Debby this is a brilliant card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Lorraine said...

Ha ha...he's brilliant, I love the sentiment too
Lorraine x

Chrissy said...

Brilliant and fun card Debby..love the sentiment and your little crab along with the shaker...fabulous.

luv CHRISSYxx

cotnob said...

Such a fun card Debby, lovely bright colours and great shaker design.
Pauline
x

Jane said...

Absolutely adorable!

Stephanie said...

Hehehe love this sentiment with the image!! The papers you chose to go with it are PERFECT!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp

Carol S. said...

Great fun card. Love the crab and a brilliant sentiment. Great papers too. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Sandra H said...

Just love this its a fabulous design x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

My sense of humour too, LOVE it, so colourful too.
Faith
x

Heidi Brawley said...

Oh My..... LOOOOOVE your very cute card!!!!!

Scrapthat said...

Very cute :D TFS

Heather said...

A gorgeous card Debby, a super card with a cute image along with am adprable image with the gorgeous sequin image and a lovely bbackground papers!!

hugs
Heather XX