Thursday, May 07, 2015

May Kit


I've really been lacking a bit of confidence making cards at the moment and I've been sitting on the fabulous Simon Says Stamp May kit for a few days. I love the Congratulations stamp set, I can see myself reaching for the set whenever I make wedding cards.
My first card is using the Freshly Made Sketch but replaced the banners with the leaves cut from the matching paper I used for the mat behind the Simon Says Stamp Artful Flowers. The flowers and sentiment both were gold embossed, it did mean that I had to been careful how I handle the flowers so I used the dies to cut out. The Liquid Peals would behave and kept joining up so I made all the blobs join together slightly so it still had some dimension.


A bit cross with this card because I'm thinking now I would have better off gold embossing the sentiment on the black but this is the sort of mistake I keep making at the moment. I used the Simon Says Stamps Small
Doily set and used all the dies including the waste on the outline heart. I did cut the larger heart twice, once with patterned paper out the kit then cut off the scallops.
The card I had planned to post today I realised I hadn't added the hand on the image, it wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't had hubby crawling all over the floor to find it when I dropped it when I was cutting out, to then forget and clean my desk. So I have to reprint the image and colour the image before adding it so I shall save it for tomorrow.

33 comments:

brenda said...

Pretty cards in lovely elegant colourways Debby. Hope you have a good Thursday.

B x

Aileen said...

Debbie both cards are very nice. As soon as I saw your second one I thought I eould like to CASE that. I think it looks brilliant. Dont be too harsh on yourself, your cards are always beautiful but I think sometimes all the pressure of making cards ends up being work rather than pleasure. Enjoy your talent, we do.

Sarah said...

These are WONDERFUL!! So there!! xx

Doreen said...

Such gorgeous cards Debby.xxx

dutchess said...

fabulous Debby...and I love the first card...you were so right to use the card for the leaves really makes the flowers pop xxxxxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Two very elegant and stylish cards Debby.
Lorraine

Sue said...

Both gorgeous, elegant and beautiful cards Debby, the colours are wonderful.
hugs Sue xx

Mau xx said...

Both the cards are beautiful Debby, like Aileen says you are so hard on yourself. I love the flowers on the first one.
I think the sentiment on the second is perfect where it is! I personally think it may have been a bit harsh on the black.... but what do I know....lol I have no confidence at all with my card making hence my blog not used since Febuary :( I have made cards but not posted them!!! When I see the talent of you all I cringe at mine...lol
keep inspiring us Debby xxxxxxxxxx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my word Debby what beautiful cards these are they looks so classy with the gold look, brilliant creations.
hugs
lorraine x

cotnob said...

Beautiful cards Debby, so elegant.
Pauline
x

Pop's Cards said...

Simply stunning sweetie, huggles Pops x

Irene said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for the inspiration to open up the kit and make something!

Pauline said...

Beautiful cards Debby, both are very elegant. Love them both.

José said...

Both are beautiful cards Debby

Lin said...

GORGEOUS, Debby! I love that first one!

KimCreate said...

Love what you did with the kit! Pretty.

Stamps and Paper said...

Two gorgeous cards Debby and loved what you created with the kit..

Anne

Danielle said...

Beautiful cards Debby - I really love the gold embossing on both of them!
Hugs, Danielle x

Jacee said...

Wow, these are gorgeous Debby, what fabulous designs, just love how you've put these together, lovely!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Cheryl W. said...

Stunning cards, Debby. You should never be unsure of your cardmaking abilities, because you're amazing!

Debs said...

Two gorgeous cards Debby - stunning designs.
Debs xx

heidy said...

These are both gorgeous Debby!!
XXX Heidy

Chrissy said...

Two stunners Debby and I love the elegant gold...beautiful.

luv CHRISSYxx

Kathleen said...

Two really lovely cards, love all the gold.

Kath x

cuilliesocks said...

Your two cards are stunning Debby, lovely designs, hugs Kate x

Jules said...

Hi Debby

Loving both cards very much .. .. the embossing is great .. .. and I personally like the second card with the embossing on the grey.

Love Jules xx

Tammy said...

Beautiful cards Debby, love how you used the papers!

Anonymous said...

Oh this is fabulous Debby the colours are perfect and love the embossing too! hugs me x

Maria said...

Gorgeous cards Debby !
hugs Maria

Carol S. said...

You are too self critical Debbie!! These cards are both stunning and the gold sentiment looks great where it is. It gives a softer effect I think. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Jen Mitchell said...

These are so beautiful Debby! The touches of gold are so elegant. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Greta said...

I love these gorgeous cards, Debby! Wishing I had that kit!

Nicole Parmentier said...

Wow, awesome! I love the one with the flowers, it is so smart and elegant!