Saturday, May 08, 2010

A Gem of a Challenge

I nearly forgot to schedule this for today, having to hurry though its quite late. This for the Gem of Challenge that is every month on the 8th, you would have thought seeing as MIL birthday is the 9th I would've have worked that one out. Anyway back to the card we have a colour challenge inspired by this pic.
I think I might have a bit too much cream but we won't tell anyone. I've decided I hate the camera cos she has come out all wishy washy. The papers are Papermania and this little Gem is my favourite for Paper Piecing which I've done before, I also think she works well with vintage style papers. I do love Pink Gem Designs tickets and that ribbon is claret to match the papers not red!
Sorry this is quickie hopefully Mr Blogger loves me and my post I schedule for tomorrow works too.

21 comments:

Christine said...

Hi Debby stunning creation love your layout fab image colouring great card..

Hugs Christine xx

Lisa Jane said...

Beautiful colour combination - and love the lace and flourished corner
Lisa ;)

Marley said...

Hi Debby,

Beautiful card! Love the design papers and colours!! The corner is really beautiful too!! xMarley

Beth aka BR-T said...

This is so lovely! Beth

Riet said...

Ohhh Debby,what a BEAUTIFUL card,i love your image.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Unknown said...

this is truly beautiful, love the colours.
Christine x

Stamps and Paper said...

Oh she's a real cutie, I must go and check out Pink Gem website! Pretty cvard Debby.

Anne

Debs said...

Gorgeous card Debby - love the paper pieced dress.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Take care
Debs xx

Trudy said...

Stunning card Debby,
love the colours and the image.
Hugs Trudy

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Hi Debby, not too much cream at all, its just right! Lovely little Pink Gem image, must get myself some of these. Love the colours too, have a great weekend hun, love Heidi xx

Anonymous said...

Stunning card Debby!!
The papers and the colours are beautiful.

Hugs Jannie

Tara said...

Gorgeous Debby! I love the pretty papers and your paper piecing is perfect.... I so love that technique!
Hugs Tara xx

Poppet said...

This is a beautiful card Debby. It'll be our secret about the cream but I don't think anyone will mind. The lace is beautiful so clean and bright and the image is just adorable.

Deb said...

this is so sweet, what an adorable image and so love her pretty dress! hugs debx

Shelly said...

Hi Debby! Such a lovely image and I love the gorgeous flowers!
Shelly ;)

Little K Smith said...

Beautiful card Debby, love those papers and colours. Gorgeous lace on there too.
Kelly.x

Lynsey said...

This is such a cute card Debby!
Love your paper piecing.
hugs Lynsey x

Unknown said...

Your card is really fab and I love your paper piecing.. must try this technique one of these days but I always pick my promarkers .. I love this month's theme.. will definitely have a go. Thanks for your comment on my card. Hugs Dora xxx

Emily said...

Beautiful Debby! Wish I could see this one in person. Mind if I ask how you create those beautiful corners? Are those Spellbinder dies? They are just awesome!

Daisychain said...

I just love this one, very girly, and such a sweet image. What papers have you used as they are gorgeous? Hugs Christine x

Diane said...

Another beautiful Mimi!!!